Monday, November 10, 2008

SPCA <3 a really special place.

The SPCA is a great place. It takes in all these abused or stray animals and takes care of them, which is great. But... (there is always a but) these animals have to be adopted really really REALLY quick or they won't have enough space at the shelter for new animals. Every year only 25% of teh animals are adopted.. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS??! It's means they have to get rid of the other 75% of tehm (in other words, put them to sleep, put them down, KILL them) !! The other day this lady (I forgot her name.. wait, did she ever tell us?! no.) came to our school and gave us a talk about what the SPCA. She showed us some very sad photos of poor abused pets (mostly dogs.. I dunno why no one hurts cats.. but its good that no one hurts them, I mean, I personally am a dog person, but I like cats too and I don't want them to be abused or anything, you know?) which really made me think...:


  • The first thing that came to my mind was: AHHH!! ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT!! ...those puppies are just too darn cute.
  • The number two thought I had was: I really should donate something to the SPCA, I'm sure they would really appreciate it. Of course, YOU could donate some stuff too. The lady mentioned they could use some newspapers, dog leashes, collars, old towels & cages. So next time you're going to Miami Baby Center or the Seven Eleven or whatever, stop by the SPCA (really close by) and see if they need anything.
  • Thought number three: I'm sure they would love it down at the SPCA if some people could come and help out, cleaning animal cages, washing the animals & feeding them. It would be a great help. Me & my friends were thinking about stopping by at the SPCA after school one day & volounteering. You can volounteer too!!
  • After the lady told us about a petition we could sign to stop animal cruelty, I thought: Oh my god!! I have to sign!! I have to help all those poor innocent animals that are being mistreated out there!! You can sign too. Every signature counts.

And remember, if you have a friend who is thinking of getting a pet - before they rush off to the pet store - tell them to stop by at the SPCA, 'cos a lot of poor homeless animals there could use a home. All the dogs & cats at Great Eastern mall (or any other pet store) can easily get a home in a couple of months or so. Even if they aren't bought right away, they will stay in the store for a long time and eventually (it always happens) they WILL be bought. The pet store animals are lucky enough to not have the chance of being put down, but the SPCA animals do. So save an adorable animal's life and adopt from teh SPCA today!! TODAY!! NOT TOMORROW!! RIGHT NOW!! YOU GO HOP IN THAT CAR AND DRIVE OVER THERE NOW!! THAT'S AN ORDER!! Ok, thanks *wink*

~Helena (aka Leena)

1 comment:

jdubs said...

Nice blog Leena!
I totally agree with everything you said... You said it all!
:]